There are two types of fritillaries, very commonly grown in gardens. They’re like Mutt and Jeff. Fritillaria meleagris (checkered lily) has flowers shaped like little hanging bells, in muted, neutral tones like gray, purple, brownish and white with an odd, checkerboard pattern.
They normally grow at most to 12 inches, bloom in MindSpring, and often self-sow prolifically. They’re best seen close up, in a natural setting, and are hardy to Zone 3. F. Imperialis (Crown Imperial) sends up a three-foot stem topped by a huge cluster of hanging bells in shades of red, yellow, and orange often two shades together and the leaves stick up in a tuft on top of the flower.
It grows it in a clump by itself or behind shorter bulbs. Combining it with yellow daffodils and red tulips could be interesting (though it doesn’t produce the subtlest of effects). It is hardy to Zone 5 to 6.
How to Grow Fritillaria Imperialis?
Give Fritillaria Imperialis a gritty, humusy, moist but extremely well-drained soil. It is ought to be fairly rich. They grow well in full sun or light shade. Buy them as soon as they become available and plant them immediately; their bulbs should not be allowed to dry out. Crown imperial bulbs should go at least eight inches apart and six inches deep measured to the top of the large bulbs).
Checkered lilies should be three to four inches apart and three to four inches deep. Its division is possible but not essential in fact the bulbs seem to do better if left alone.
Also Read: The Exotic Honeysuckle Plant
Product You May Interested
- Crush Food Cravings with Odd Water Hack and Melt 62lbs
- Flavor Pairing Ritual Supercharges Women’s Metabolisms
- Unlock your Hip Flexors, Gives you More Strength, Better Health, and All-Day Energy.
- 60 Seconds of Habit! That Reversed Type 2 Diabetes and Melted 56 lbs of Fat
- Boost Your Energy, Immune System, Sexual Function, Strength & Athletic Performance
- Longest Living Doctors Unlocks Fastest Way to Burn Fat
- Perfect Paleo Powder – The Easiest Way You Can Get the Protein & Critical Nutrients Your Body Needs
- Lose weight, burn fat, boost metabolism and immunity, Fight inflammation & Increase your energy with this one ridiculously simple thing.
- The Industry’s First Metabolism Fueling System That Heightens Thermogenesis Even While You Sleep.